You might have questions like what is Salesforce Commerce Cloud? Is it right for your business? What is so special about it? You are at the right place to get answers to all these and many more questions.
In this post, we’ll help you understand what things you need to know about Salesforce Commerce Cloud so you could easily decide if it is right for your business needs. Let’s get started!
What is Salesforce Commerce Cloud?
Maybe you’re thinking of it as an online shopping cart. Well, let me just correct you. It is not just an online shopping cart. If you go by the definition from Salesforce:
“Commerce Cloud is the world’s leading B2C and B2B commerce solution. It is a multi-tenant, cloud-based commerce platform that empowers brands to create an intelligent, unified buying experience across all channels- mobile, social, web, and store.”
Confused with the technical jargon? No issues here’s the layman explanation- Commerce Cloud is a highly scalable, cloud-based commerce platform that helps businesses provide the best website experiences to their customers who are searching for products and shopping on the internet.
All in all, Salesforce Commerce Cloud combines Sales, Marketing, and Services through which users can craft seamless and attractive buying experiences for their customers. It allows them to handle their entire business operations from a single place.
Commerce Cloud B2B
Online B2B stands for business-to-business purchases and/or sales dealings that are conducted on the internet. It involves the exchange of products, services, or information between businesses.
B2B Commerce Cloud is optimized, customized, and integrated so that you can get the complete freedom to curate the entire customer journey. This starts from the first click in the purchase journey to order fulfillment.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud Best Features
Commerce Cloud provides features that any growing retailer should consider to grow their business.
- Seamless and continuous upgrades– Deliver new features and enhancements without interpreting your day-to-day operations. It empowers you to keep pace with today’s dynamic market and evolving customer needs.
- Merchandising and management tools– Managing all the catalogs, pricing, and product across your websites. Convincing the customers to buy when the time comes to sell.
- Order management– Complete order data shows the order processing stages that mean from production to delivery. Enterprise inventory accurately represents the available inventory, regardless of its location.
- Real-time reports and Dashboards– Critical and effective business decisions by tracking revenue, performance, lead volume. It helps you give clear insights across all digital channels.
Commerce Cloud: What is so special about it?
In general, it offers a wide range of benefits- too many to explain.
Here we go with some of the features of the platform that will help grow your brand and convert more customers in the future and how can you utilize them for your business.
Here’s a quick summary of all the benefits:
- Speed up your operations– Reap the benefits of market opportunities using the cloud! Launch new sites, bring store online and create the new customer experience.
- Create new opportunities for purchase– Putting the product at the right place as well as on the right time to deliver seamless shopping experiences for the customers.
- Faster time to market– It creates a faster path between the ideas and their execution along with empowering your business with tremendous agility.
- Connect the entire shopping journey: Blend every part of the shopper’s journey including purchasing, engagement, and determining the product by integrating all retail operations with the world’s best CRM platforms.
- Enable customers to sell for you– Effortless, quick and inexpensive upgrades, and customizations through recommendations of the customers.
Is it perfect for your business?
Let’s dig deeper and find out if this eCommerce platform is trustworthy.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud combines functionalities for eCommerce, online stores, and mobile first POS, and order management, all under one platform. All these powerful functionalities share a single view of customers, orders, products, prices, promotions, and personalizations.
Today, people want to place their hands on the best products and services and there is simply no scope for the second best. Unified commerce ensures a personalized shopping experience for you and your customers.
Let us now access some details about the Salesforce Commerce Cloud in three functional categories i.e. excellence, operations, and intelligence so that you can gain a clear and complete understanding.
Excellence capabilities help us manage the products, pricing, and promotions to boost customer engagement. Operational capabilities allow us to access and facilitate functionality over multiple channels, linking the backend process with the fulfillment of orders. Meanwhile, intelligence capabilities provide more clear data insights for guiding us with customer interaction, engagement, and quick business decisions.
Always remember that you should choose a platform that ensures unified customer experience, improves business agility, and best serves your business goals.
Understand the limitations of the platform
Unfortunately, with the bright side, there is always a dark side, as nothing is 100% perfect.
Despite the benefits associated with the Salesforce Commerce Cloud, it has some downsides.
First of all, it may not be ideal for a certain specific audience, startups, and small businesses.
You can come across some instability in the layout (user interface) and features offered by the platform. Moreover, a plethora of features can make it difficult for you to organize and find things when you need them. This may mean that you have to search endlessly to find even a single source of data that could lead to wastage of time, efforts, and resources.
The revenue model is most attractive to the organization provided by Salesforce which may not be suitable for everyone. It allows people to pay the platform fee. So, this commercial model does not benefit high-volume, low-margin retailers.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a fabulous solution anyone looking to use for growing their business. One of the best things of the Salesforce Commerce Cloud is that you can customize the design of your online eCommerce store without writing any code yourself! That’s is exactly what any retailer needs.
Hope this post is helpful for you.
We’re pleased to hear if you have any prior experience with the Salesforce Commerce Cloud. Feel free to reach out to us via the comments’ section below.